Once you have mold growing, it won’t ever go away on its own. You can dry it out to make it an inhospitable place for future growth, but the existing mold will still need to be dealt with.

How Mold Affects You

There are many types of molds, and some can affect your health while others won’t cause any ill effects. It has been shown that healthy people exposed to mold can experience symptoms of coughing, wheezing, and other asthma-like characteristics. Prolonged exposure can increase the risk of infections or other respiratory illnesses.

No matter the type of mold, or how you believe it is affecting you, the CDC recommends removal of any type of mold you encounter.

Mold and Moisture

Where there is moisture, you will often find mold. Leaky ceilings, damp basements, or steamy bathrooms can all be prime locations for mold growth. Control and prevention of mold growth require you to be quick to respond to any place where there is excess moisture.

  • Vents over kitchens
  • Bathrooms
  • Cleaning up after floods
  • Leaky Ceilings

No treatment of mold is complete without also fixing the source of the moisture as even a single leftover spore will cause the problem to return when conditions are right.

Getting Rid of Mold

Once you have mold growing, it won’t ever go away on its own. You can dry it out, to make it an inhospitable place for future growth, but the existing mold will still need to be dealt with. There are different ways people use to get rid of mold:

pure maintenance mold remediation

Each method has different pros and cons that are important to consider when weighing your mold remediation strategy.

When cleaning mold it is imperative that it is a thorough job so that nothing returns, and residual health effects are not experienced.

After Clean Up

We have two products that assist in protecting homes and businesses from mold regrowing. Learn more about how these products provide a protective barrier over all of your surfaces making it impossible for mold spores to thrive.

woman looking at mold

Frequently Asked Questions

Is mold in a house dangerous?

Yes, when mold is growing in a home toxic spores are being released and flowing through the vents and air ducts to every room of the home. The spores are then breathed in by the occupants and can cause serious medical problems.

Is mold harmful to breathe?

Mold is definitely harmful to breathe. The severity of the mold as well as the type of mold and the persons individual tolerance will factor into the actual effects the mold has on the human body. Growth often occurs in hidden places inside a home and is the source of mysterious illnesses.

What effects does mold have on people?

Depending on the type of spores growing, illnesses ranging from sinus infections and allergies to Alzheimer’s disease and MS can result. Illnesses can be very serious and mold toxins in a body are difficult for family doctors to measure. If you feel sick and the doctors aren’t sure why, getting your home tested for mold is a great idea.

Can I use bleach to get rid of mold?

NO! This is a common misconception. Bleach will cause the mold spores to lose their color and appear to be gone, however; the spores will not die. They will continue to grow without color and using a liquid bleach can even increase the speed at which they grow because of the added moisture and humidity.

What causes mold to grow?

The individual mold spores are flowing throughout the open air all of time. When the small amount of spores are breathed outdoors they are combined with such a large portion of fresh air that they rarely have an effect. Sometimes in the Spring, the outdoor counts increase and create outdoor allergies. However, when moisture is allowed to dwell on a porous surface inside a building these few mold spores will attach themselves to that surface and begin to grow at a rapid pace. Once these spores have attached it takes much more than household cleaners to break their strong hold.

How do I get rid of mold?

There are over the counter products like KILZ that will slow the growth of the spores. This will only slow the problem and can still cause serious health effects. To get your home completely free of mold call a certified remediation company like Pure Maintenance.

Ready to get started?

Call us today to discuss our treatment system and how we can restore the health of your home or facility.

Powered by Pure Maintenance