Skip to main content

Maintaining healthy relative humidity levels indoors is essential to comfort and good health.


In general, the ideal relative humidity for good health and comfort is between 30-50%.  Too much humidity, on the other hand, can diminish comfort and negatively impact your health! That is because high moisture levels encourage fungal growth (i.e. mold), and elevated levels of mold can make you sick.

Click here to learn more about mold sickness

Elevated levels of indoor RH can be the result of:

  • Weather such as heavy rains
  • Flooding indoors
  • Leaks in building components
  • Temperature/lack of heating
  • Condensation
  • Poor ventilation in moist areas such as bathrooms and kitchens
  • Too much air exchange with outdoors
  • Poor insulation
  • “Rising Damp” – or grading issues that saturate the foundation or walls and cause moisture levels to rise indoors

Elevated levels of indoor RH can cause:

  • Mold, mildew
  • Dust mites
  • Higher levels of allergens
  • Water damage to belongings and building components such as peeling paint, dry rot and more

If you are concerned about the indoor humidity levels in your home, can see mold growing or otherwise suspect elevated mold levels, or have been impacted by leaks, floods, or similar water damage, we can help!

We have the technology necessary to measure moisture levels and RH, dehumidify and decontaminate your space, and return your home’s air quality to healthy levels.

Call Now!

Want to learn more about moisture problems in or around your space? Click here